Your duties will be flexible according to the needs of the rota, but you will expect to work at both our main hospital site and a branch site. You will be working with the support of our experienced veterinary team, but may also spend some time working as the sole vet at a branch surgery. You will have the opportunity to establish a close rapport with the clients and develop your cases using the skills and services of the rest of the group.
- You will normally work from 8:30 to 6pm for up to 4 weekdays, with the fifth finishing at 5pm, different starts and finishes may apply when at the Hospital site.
- Weekend involvements are 1 Saturday morning (8:30-12:00), and 1 full weekend (8:30-5:00 Saturday and 9:00-4:00 Sunday) every 5 weeks.
- You will have 1 long weekend every 5 weeks, with either a Monday & Tuesday or a Thursday & Friday off.
- Bank Holidays are worked in rotation.
- No out of hours duties..
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Three days CPD leave and annual allowance.
- Day off in lieu of any Bank Holiday worked.
- Commensurate with both experience and abilities.
- Subject to regular review.
- Accommodation may be available.
RCVS subscriptions and VDS cover also provided. To find out more about us, please feel free to browse our website.
To apply for this job, you must hold a veterinary degree and be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Applicants should send a CV to Katie Sherwood-Hirst by email, or by post to our hospital:
515 Bradford Road
We will acknowledge all replies then contact all applicants we wish to interview.